Sunday 15 January 2012

Snap Happy; Flowertime.


When I was a child...
I read the Mouse and Mole books by Joyce Dunbar. These were beautifully illustrated books with very heart warming stories. They nearly always had a moral message, but hidden within the cleverly simple story.
an image from the story Preposterous Puddle
One scene from these books which particularly stayed with me was where Mole sees one particularly beautiful flower outside which he wants, and being the more rash one of the pair runs out and cuts it off, only to find that it can now no longer grow. There is then some moral (unrelated to flowers) which sadly I have forgotten (it is probably not the bit I should have forgotten).  

Irrespective, one day last summer...
I saw a flower in our garden which just popped out at me. Instead of cutting it off (as even if the moral did not stick with me I know not to always cut off flowers and also that you cannot glue them back together)  I took some pictures of it. I used my hipstamatic app on my Iphone and was delighted with the quick results I got. 




It is important to note that I am simply an everyday person taking snaps. I yearn for Polaroids and aged effects but want them in the quickest, simplest way when you have no such camera. 
Buzzy bee on this fuzzy photo appreciates this yellow fleur...
...standing tall...
...and proud...
...and proud...
...just hanging...
...with some other pretty blooms.

2 comments:

  1. I love it! I wish I had an iphone so I could use this app, it takes such lovely photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank-you B! It's my favourite app. Best iphone investment.

    ReplyDelete